- 2 diced chicken breast
- 1 large, parboiled,
- peeled and chopped potato
- Peeled onion cut into quarters
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of Thai red curry paste
- 1 heaped teaspoon of mild curry power
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of fat (olive oil is fine)
- Small bunch of coriander leaves
- Salt & pepper to taste
Heat saucepan or wok to a medium heat and add the fat. Immediately add the curry paste and begin to separate with
a spatula. Add the coconut milk and stir together.
Mix in the curry powder. Tip: Mix the powder with a little water before adding or it might clump together. Put in the
chicken and onion and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the potatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Add the sugar, fish sauce and salt and pepper. Turn off the heat and gently stir. Check the chicken and potatoes are
cooked thoroughly before pouring into a serving dish or onto your plates.
Finish off by sprinkling the chopped coriander over your curry. Serve with steamed rice and a mojito (optional).